Logging a kernel panic (remotely)

Hi,

(Please Cc me on replies as I'm not subscribed)

I'm trying to solve a problem with a headless server on a remote site that panics from time to time. Unfortunately we have no remote console. Is there a way to get the kernel to either to to write the panic to disk or to log it remotely?

I've read about the RedHat 'netdump' utility but it doesn't seem to be available for debian (see debian bug 151472).

Does anyone have any advice to offer?

I'll try and get a serial console hooked up at some point but I may not be able to get on site for a few weeks.

Thanks.

Ronny
--
Ronny Adsetts
Technical Director

Registered office: UK House, 82 Heath Road, Twickenham TW1 4BW
Registered in England. Company No. 4042957