Re: [OT] Saving outgoing email Gmail style

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 10:42:20AM +0000, Mihira Fernando wrote:
> With Gmail, when you send email using their smtp server, a copy of the mail
> gets saved in the 'Sent' folder in the Gmail web interface.
> Does anyone know how this is done ? OR how to achieve the same result using
> Postfix ?
> My goal is to setup email backups with a web interface for my virtual mailbox
> users so that they can get a copy of their mail both received and sent in
> their Inbox and sent folders respectively.
>
> I'm using Postfix 2.3.8 and Dovecot on Debian Etch and all my users are
> virtual users.

I believe this is a function of the mail client and not the mail server.
Depending on your client there should be an option to save sent messages
in a sent folder.  I don't use Postfix so I am not sure if there is an
option in there, but I would doubt it.

Jeff