Re: [OT] top posting

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 09:52:59AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2008 at 04:13:22PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On 01/14/08 15:57, Alex Samad wrote:

The latter.

> > > Rationality, because while some cultures read left->right, and
> > > others read right->left, all read top->bottom.  None read bottom->top.
> >
> > Thanks for making my point, since when does time "move" from bottom
> > to top?
> so you are advocating top posting ?

IMHO, trying to argue this point based on "rational" or objective
reasoning, that one way is truly, obviously, and naturally "better"
than another, is fraught with hazard, since someone *will* argue with
equal validity (to them at least) that their way is better.

In fact, it's a social convention, a matter of etiquette.  The practice
varies, and some lists work the other way, but on this and many lists
the convention is to top post, trim heartily, try to get the attributions
right(1), and have a good day!

Ken

(1) the attribution from the OP is missing in this message, I think.
--
Ken Irving, fnkci+debianuser@uaf.edu