Re: No volume in my Etch box!

Rodolfo Medina wrote:
.  When I right-click, the following message appears:
Failed to start Volume Control: Failed to execute child process "gnome-volume-control" (No such file or directory)

mhyre@elmore:~$ dpkg -S gnome-volume-control
[...]
gnome-media: /usr/bin/gnome-volume-control
[...]

   Does /usr/bin/gnome-volume-control exist?

If not, check whether the gnome-media package is installed (I expect it should have been sucked in with the whole Gnome conglomerate). If it isn't, either install ork reinstall it (apt-get install --reinstall gnome-media).

If so, there may be a problem with the PATH setting, or some other part of the how-to-find-an-executable process. I can't help you there, but ry reinstalling gnome-media on GP. It can't hurt...

--

		Best wishes,

			Max Hyre

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one.
		-- Voltaire