Re: new user question: debian on a Thinkpad T61

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 04:51:21PM -0500, Jimmy Wu wrote:
> am not a big gamer.  The only reason I would have Windows is because
> there might be unforeseeable circumstances when I may run into Windows
> only software.  I am sure if I needed to, I could always shrink by
> Debian partition later and install XP, right?

As far as I know, M$ doesn't play friendly with other OS's. XP will want
all the HD. You are best to install XP, then Debian. There may be ways
around it but I'm guessing they would be very unpleasant.

It would be like trying to reason with a selfish unsharing child. :-(

--
Chris.
======