Re: Burn CD

Joerg Schilling wrote:
Hello, that is apparently a long story if you start to read into it. It
has somenthing to do with licensing and philosophy. As far as I can tell

The story has nothing to do with licensing or philosophy but with the missing will for quality oriented collaboration with the Author.

The attacks against the cdrtools project started after I rejected to integrate a patch into the official source because it did not solve the problem but instead added bugs.

>from a user standpoint, the programs appear to be almost pin for pin >from the command line as far as options and what not. Also if your sure
that the device your trying to write to is a burner, I would create a symbolic link called "cdrw" in your /dev directory to that specific
device file. It keeps the fudge factor down, and keeps you from
declaring the device in your command. Or, wodim from trying to guess the device.

You do not need to play these silly /dev/ games if you use the original cdrecord.

If you only have one drive (this should be the case for > 95% of all users),
simply omit the dev= parameter and cdecord will automagically find your drive.

Jörg

hi jörg,

i still owe you an answer; already a rather long time. I just forgot it and am sorry for that. I promised you to test out an optiarc_burner that caused trouble while burning a cdrom with (till some time ago) cdrecord. installed i have <cdrtools-2.01.01>.

tonight i tested the burner *'Optiarc ' 'DVD RW AD-7173A ' '1-01'* Removable CD-ROM out, after reading this thread again, and i discovered that *without* *dev=....* (your suggestion) my optiarc-device works perfectly with a command like *sudo /usr/schily/bin/cdrecord -v -eject -sao -data -pad /home/steef/ xx/yy.iso*

regards,

steef

--
drs. steef van duin