OT: USB to Ethernet adapter in Debian, but in reverse configuration?

Using Google, I have found multiple USB to Ethernet adapters that work well with the Linux kernel. From what I understand the devices are designed for computers without network cards.

Can these adapters be used in reverse with Debian? Can I send FLAC files over the ethernet cable that has the USB to ethernet adapter at the USB DAC? I have a stereo USB DAC in the living room and the desktop in the bedroom. So it would be USB DAC to USB-Ethernet adapter to 50 foot ethernet cable to network switch.

The run would be a little over 40 feet. If I am not mistaken, that the maximum run of a USB cable is fifteen feet before you have to use a repeater.