Re: function of xorg.conf in sid?

Kelly Clowers wrote:
On Jan 10, 2008 11:20 AM, Paul Scott <waterhorse@ultrasw.com> wrote:
I recently posted about not being able to get full resolution of my
Portege 4010 with dpkg-reconfigure.  I found an example of xorg.conf
sections which solved my resolution problem but:!!!

I still don't know why 'dpkg-reconfigure -p<high|medium|low>
xserver-org' gives me no opportunity to change any video parameters.  I
saw an Ubuntu post suggesting that xorg.conf wasn't completely necessary
and indeed I was able to run my system at default resolution without it.

Many answers can be found here:
http://gravityboy.livejournal.com/40620.html
That's fantastic!!

Is that what I was using in my sid install a couple of days ago?

Will there be a Debian solution eventually to allow manual intervention as seems to needed for devices like the Toshiba Portege 4010?

Thanks,

Paul