Re: Perl realted..?

On Jan 10, 2008 1:11 PM, ISHWAR RATTAN <rattan@cps.cmich.edu> wrote:
I am coming back to perl after a long time.

The sample code these days also uses variable attribute my as:

  my $inst = Extutils::Installed->new();
  my @modules = $inst->modules();

Can any demistify 'my' for me??

-ishwar

"my" declares a variable that exists within the current scope and is unreachable from outside the scope.  So a "my" declaration in one package cannot be reached from another package.  "our" is identical to "my" except that you *can* reach that variable from other packages.  A "my" declaration inside of a function just limits the scope and lifetime of the variable to that function.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com