Re: Etch: emacs or emac21?

(Resending to the list.  Sorry for the duplicate, Rodolfo.)

On Jan 10, 2008 11:18 AM, Chris Howie <cdhowie@gmail.com> wrote:
On Jan 10, 2008 10:58 AM, Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina@gmail.com> wrote:
In Sarge there was only the package `emacs21'.  Now in Etch we have also
`emacs', but the difference between the two is not clear to me.  What should I
install in order to use the Emacs editor, `emacs' or `emacs21'?

emacs is a metapackage that depends on the latest emacs.  In sarge, emacs depends on emacs21.  So you install emacs if you always want the latest version, and emacs21 if you want version 21.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com