Problems scanning past LUN 7 during boot

Hi,

I have a QLA2432 dual path fibre channel adapter connected with two
links to a Hitachi SAN. I run Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (etch) with 2.6.18
(64-bit) kernel. Firmware is firmware-qlogic 0.4 from Debian stable
repository (http://packages.debian.org/etch/firmware-qlogic). The driver
version in the kernel I use seems to be: QLogic Fibre Channel HBA
Driver: 8.01.07-k1.

Now, my problem is scanning past LUN 7. I can see disks with LUN up to 7
just fine. Also I can manually add LUNS with this command:

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 0 8" >/proc/scsi/scsi
echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 1 8" >/proc/scsi/scsi

This adds LUN 8 on both links.

But how do I add scanning past LUN 7 in a proper way so that its done
during boot? I want to be able to reboot and get all LUNs scanned in
time for LVM to be able to use all disks without manual intervention.

I tried adding max_scsi_luns=<n> as a kernel option in the grub setup,
but it did not help.

Any ideas?

Bye,

--