Vá: awk FIELDWIDTHS howto?

2008/1/9, Sergio Cuéllar Valdés <herrsergio@gmail.com>:
> 2008/1/9, Paul Csanyi <csanyipal@gmail.com>:

> > I try to use awk to print second field from a text file
> > but awk prints a part of 1. field as a 2. field. Why?
> >
> > aptitude search ~i | awk '{ NF = "2" } { FIELDWIDTHS = " 4 32 " }
> > {print $2}' > foltelepitett_debian_csomagok
> >
> > less foltelepitett_debian_csomagok
> >
> > ..
> > bsdmainutils
> > bsdutils
> > busybox
> > ca-certificates
> > checksecurity

A record is like these:

i busybox - Tiny utilities for small and embedded syst
i A bzip2 - high-quality block-sorting file compressor

1234123456789etc.
1.  |2.

I try to get only the package name from the 2. field.

FIELDWIDTHS = " 4 32 "

The given width for 1. field (4) should be right, but isn't.
Awk give me the letter "A" as a 2. field. Why?

> something like this:   aptitude search ~i | cut -d" " -f2
> does this help you ?

No.

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi