Re: Another flood of spam

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 10:51:33AM +0100, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
> I see we have been hit by another flood of spam. Who lowered the floodgates?
> ;-)

I've seen a slight increase in spam sent to me directly slipping through
my spamassassin filters, but nothing like the flood coming from
debian-user.  I also recently started using greylisting on my mail
server and suspect that it's helping immensely with the direct spam, but
it can't do anything for stuff that's forwarded by a list.

Does anyone happen to know whether the d-u list server uses greylisting
(and, if not, why not)?

--
I reckon we are now the only monastry ever that had a dungeon stuffed with
sixteen thousand zombies.