Re: Another flood of spam

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 06:53:17PM -0500, Shane D wrote:
> True, but withouth them having helped us, there would be more of it.
>
> It's not good, but it is helpful.

Er, waitaminnit.  Let me get this straight.

If there were no spammers, we wouldn't have developed spam filters, and
therefore we would get more spam.

Am I the only one who thinks it sounds a wee bit absurd to suggest that,
in the absence of spam filters, spam would just magically appear out of
the ether(net) even if there weren't spammers sending it?

--
I reckon we are now the only monastry ever that had a dungeon stuffed with
sixteen thousand zombies.