ethernet card not found during etch-installation

From: Carsten Fortmann <carsten.fortmann@uni-rostock.de>
To: debian.user@lists.debian.org
Subject: ethernet driver not found during install

Dear All,
I tried to install debian 4.0 rc2 on a dell xps m1330 notebook.
When the install script scans for the network device
 I get an error
message, saying that no ethernet device is found, only a firewire device
and asks me weather i want to use this.
i say no and now comes a list with lots of ethernet drivers, i choose
tg3, bcause my ethernet card is a Broadcom (C) NetLink BCM5906M
fast ethernet PCIExpress (rev 02) (that's what i get from lspci | grep
Broadcom in my already installed ubuntu).
however, this does not help, i'm allways redirected to the screen that
tells me, that no ethernet card is found.
i go to the shell then and
~ # lspci | grep Broadcom
 and voila,

09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corp. Unknown device 1713 (rev 02).

Why is the card not recognized correcly?

Can someone help or redirect me?

Do you need more hw details?

Thanx, Carsten