Re: 1024x768 tiny hard to read

S> Try dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig-config. The questions are quite simple...

It just asks three questions, non having to do with sizes.
I'm saying I what I want to do is like first issuing
$ xrandr -s 1024x768
$ #and then now do what to make my monitor look just like I then issued
$ #xrandr -s 800x600
$ #but by other means, i.e., changing the default size of all the
$ #fonts applications (icewm, iceweasel, emacs, xterm) use.

AG> What size is your screen and which Model and Manufacturer?

15 inch Sampo Tech Rad-5Q, placed 1 meter from me. If it were a
laptop, then it would be much closer so 1024x768 would be fine, but it
is 1 meter from me, so I want to make it look like 800x600 but still
run in its Native Resolution of 1024x768, lest ugly phase problems, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_resolution Thanks.