DVD-1.iso: How can I write into DVD-R?

Hi, all.

I have downloaded 4.0r2 DVD-1 iso image file. And I used the software 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3' to burn to DVD-R. Then it showed an 'Critical' Error, saying 'Writing Error:(3) Error Closing DVD-R RZone Invalid command field(1022) Error sense Data: SENSE KEY:5 ASC:24 ASCQ;0'  The dowload file size is 4,587,736KB. It seems there is no problem with the ISO file downloaded.
I downloaded CD ISO image file for network installation, and CDBurnerXP worked fine for burning CD-R. And the CD-R worked fine for installation. I also tested Knopix DVD iso image and I could make DVD knopix 5.1.
Despite of the recommendation, I downloaded all the file without using 'Free download Manager' so I am now using it to see if there will be any difference with the ISO image.
So far, the only workaround was to download CD-ISO images and burn all of them and use it for local installation.(which I checked with the same procedure, and it worked fine but, as you know it is tedious to make so many of them).

Do you have any suggestion on obtaining 4.0r2 DVD-1 iso image file?
Especially for free ISO image extractor, other than CDBurnerXP?
Thank you for your patience and your attention.

Toshi.