Re: 3rd SATA scrambles drive order? "Begin: Waiting for root file system . . . . . ."

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 07:23:06AM -0500, drn_temp2@rogers.com wrote:
> I've been trying to find what the UUID of my swap file is but can't find

blkid (as it was already suggested in this thread)

from man blkid

 The blkid program is the command-line interface to working with
 libuuid(3)  library.   It can  determine  the type of content (e.g.
 filesystem, swap) a block device holds, and also attributes (tokens,
 NAME=value pairs) from  the  content  metadata  (e.g.  LABEL  or  UUID
 fields).

> Should I somehow redo the swap partition specifying for it to create a UUID
> somehow or?

Only if you want. From man mkswap

 -L label
     Specify a label, to allow swapon by label.  (Only for new style
     swap areas.)