Re: dell 6850

On 01/03/2008 08:12 PM, Chris Parker wrote:
I just recently got a new Dell Poweredge 6850 with 14 disk array and
132t Tape library.  Does anyone have any experience with this server?

The 6850 should "just work" with Etch. If you are using >4G RAM, you might consider using the amd64 flavor. I don't spend a whole lot of time in testing/unstable land, but I would be surprised if there were any major installer problems.

Are there any issues/problems to be aware of?

It's a power-hungry beast..  ;)  but will be a faithful workhorse.

An Oracle database will be run on it.  What would be a recommended
config?

The only issue I have ever run into with Oracle is an installer abend if I there was smaller than 2xRAM swap space - although there is a bypass on that config check in the installer somewhere.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael Shuler