Re: Motherboard Recommendation

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 07:35:59PM +0100, MRH wrote:
> Dnia 04/10/07 05:35,Chris Bannister napisa??:
> >On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 06:46:47PM -0400, Eric Estes wrote:
> >>Can anyone recommend a good AMD (socket A2 - Athlon 64 X2) motherboard
> >>that has good Linux support? I'm sending back my Shuttle to newegg and
> >>need a replacement asap.

When I was looking for a new board, before deciding on the Asus M2N-SLI
Deluxe, it was suggested to me that Tyan also made good boards that work
with Debian.

The quality tends to be very good since they're server/workstation
instead of consumer/gamer.  IIRC, they had some that could take an  AM2
Athlon OR Opteron.  I would have gone for one, but I was already over
the budget set by my wife and the Tyan would have pushed her
over-the-top, since all she uses a computer for is email.

Doug.