Re: Random System Crashes

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 12:06:33AM -0400, Michael Pobega wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 02:13:49AM -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> > odds are your power supply is on its way to the power supply cemetery.
> >

> I doubt that, because this laptop is only one year old. I'm kind of
> hoping that the power supply doesn't have to be replaced...

ah, crucial information that you didn't provide, or at least I didn't
see it in prior posts. For a *laptop* locking up, probably the first
thing to check would be temperature. If you don't already have it up
and running, get lm-sensors installed and turn on every temperature
sensor you can find.  Also, it could be some acpi spawned "helpful"
automatic sleep or something that is interefering and causing problems.