Re: NFS and quotas

On Oct 3, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

I've got a Debian Sarge machine that is mounting it's user directories via NFS from a NAS appliance. Id' really like to get quotas running but I'm
not having a lot of luck.

I've tried adding "quota" and "usrquota" to the fstab flags for the
NFS-mounted directory, but "mount" complains about those flags being
unrecognized. I'm pretty sure from the googling I've done that quotas over NFS are possible, but I'm sure not turning up any concrete pointers on how
to make it work.

Quotas for NFS shares are enforced on the server end. You would use the usrquota and grpquota flags in fstab *on the server* for the filesystem it's exporting. Hopefully your NAS appliance supports quotas and offers a way to turn them on in whatever configuration interface it has.