Problem Resolved - Was Re: Dependency Error == Unable to Install Anything Else

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 17:20 -0700, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 04:52:36PM -0700, Scarletdown wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 23:36 +0200, David Paleino wrote:
> > > dpkg --force-overwrite
> > > -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libpth20_2.0.7-8_i386.deb
> >
> > That worked.  I was at least able to update the kernel.  Now there's a
> > problem installing the latest nVidia video drivers.
> >
> > The kernel was compiled with GCC 4.1 apparently, and the drivers require
> > 4.2, which I have installed.  However, the installation fails due to the
> > kernel having been compiled with 4.1.
>
> are you running a mixed system? it sounds like you are and you likely
> need to address a number of issue that just haven't shown up yet.

She's just running pure Sid.  Anyway, the problem has been resolved.
And for future reference for others who may encounter the same problem
but come up with search results showing only the problem, but no
solution; all I had to do was simply install the kernel headers.