Re: Dependency Error == Unable to Install Anything Else

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 23:36 +0200, David Paleino wrote:
> dpkg --force-overwrite
> -i /var/cache/apt/archives/libpth20_2.0.7-8_i386.deb

That worked.  I was at least able to update the kernel.  Now there's a
problem installing the latest nVidia video drivers.

The kernel was compiled with GCC 4.1 apparently, and the drivers require
4.2, which I have installed.  However, the installation fails due to the
kernel having been compiled with 4.1.

I tried export CC=gcc-4.2, but that didn't fix the problem.  What other
tricks can I try to get these video drivers installed?  (Going through
City of Heroes withdrawls here because of this...)  :)