Re: efficiency of windows managers

On Sep 27, 2007, at 6:45 PM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
   So, for example, if I'm
   working in an x-term and I want another one, when it opens, the
   first one gets resized to half the screen and the new one gets the
   other half. Open another, and they each get squeezed into 1/3,
   etc. Its a little wierd at first, but after practice, it really
   begins to shine.

Hmm.  That seems like it'd be a pain with xterms, since text software often doesn't take well to having its window resized.  I try to keep my xterms as close to 80x24 as possible to minimize problems with things like aptitude.