Re: Problem sasl2-sql.

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 01:34:11PM +0300, Semih Gokalp wrote:
> password_format: plaintext is a default if not set nothing about
> password_format in smtpd.conf.
>
> I have tried like below:
>
> password_format: crypt (for md5 and blowfish)
> or
> password_format: crypt_trad (2 character salt crypt)
>
> but not works.sasl2 allways use planintext format.

Could you please do the following:

 - Provide the schema for your database user table
 - Turn up the logging for your sasl authentication
 - Provide the log entries that occure when you try and authenticate

> i am using;
>
> libsasl2                          2.1.22.dfsg1-8
> libsasl2-modules-sql      2.1.22.dfsg1-8

By the version number, I would guess that you are using Etch.  If
possible, please try this on a Sid machine using the latest libsasl
package (2.1.22.dfsg1-12).  If that is not possible, don't worry too
much about it.

> Should i install sasl2 patch for encrypt ?

Probably not.  This patch breaks compatibility with upstream (hence why
it is not included in our official package).  However, if you have
control over what applications make use of sasl on your machine, you can
probably get away with it.  You can read the Debian Package
Customization HOWTO on my website for details on how to modify a Debian
package for local changes.

Regards,

-Roberto
--