Re: can you recommend any open source presentation tool?

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:33:48PM +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:04:07 +0200
> Johannes Wiedersich <johannes@physik.blm.tu-muenchen.de> wrote:
>
> > Quite the opposite: latex gives you exact positioning of text and
> > images, ppt does not.
> >

> I'd love to hear about a (relatively) easy way to do this, because I had quite
> a few wars with this recently (for posters, not presentations)

IIRC, the latex documentation says that its not intended, nor the best
tool, for the likes of posters.  I've never needed serious, multi-page
layouts (requiring desktop pub software).  Instead, I create all the
elements as .eps that can't be done natively with xfig and lay them out
with xfig; works great for posters.

Doug.