Re: Exim delivering to local user accounts not Maildir

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 11:33:34AM +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> On 6/4/07, Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> >how have you gone about doing this? some details would help like "I
> >changed this configuration line to read..."
>
> Basically I followed this HOWTO:
> http://koivi.com/exim4-config/

did you do :

dc_localdelivery='maildir_home'

in /etc/exim4/update-exim4.conf.conf?

and if so then did you also execute update-exim4.conf?

> >What I see that is probably relevant in my exim4.conf transports is:
> >local_delivery:
> >  driver = appendfile
> >  file = /var/mail/$local_part
> >the file = line is  certainly relevant. if you have a similar
> >local_delivery: transport then I'd say try
> >file = /home/$local_part/mail
>
> I've gone through my entire exim4.conf.template as well as all my
> files in the /conf.d/transport/ directory and i simply can not find
> this transport config.

are you using the split configuration or the single configuration? In
my limited dealing with exim4 I have learned that (for me anyway) its
worth the effort to read some exim4 docs directly, grok them a bit and
then use the monolithic exim4.conf and twaek it by hand. Its not all
that confusing once you've read it a few times. heh.

> The closest thing I can find is a mail_spool config section of which
> I've included below:
>
> mail_spool:
>  debug_print = "T: appendfile for $local_part@$domain"
>  driver = appendfile
> #  file = /var/mail/$local_part
>  file = /home/$local_part/Maildir
>  delivery_date_add
>  envelope_to_add
>  return_path_add
>  group = mail
>  mode = 0660
>  mode_fail_narrower = false
>
> You can see that I changed "file = /var/mail/$local_part" to "file =
> /home/$local_part/Maildir" but this has had no effect.

you may have to start over doing a dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config -plow
to reset it all and try again.