nv and radeon will work, until X restarts

Had the same trouble with onbaord nvidia and a pci radeon card.

Just one note:  I was able to get this setup to work, either as
two separate desktops, or with xinerama.  However, it only works
from a cold start. Any restarting of the Xserver or display manager causes the radeon card to go dead (leaving an interesting pattern on the second monitor.

I'll be compiling the proprietary driver soon.

Nvidious, indeed.

Chris