Re: Linksys wireless nic

[Note:] I apologize for the slow response to Andrew's post. I have had a lot
of things going on here that has required my attention. Those who take the
time to help others deserve a response.

On Friday 01 June 2007 17:49, Andrew J. Barr wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 17:35:24 -0500
>
> Randy Patterson <tech@patterson-pcc.com> wrote:
> > Or, if I am totally off base or going in the wrong direction for
> > getting a Linksys wmp54g wireless working then let me know. I'm still
> > sort of a Linux newbie.
>
> Two things.
>
> One: give us the identification bits for the card. CardBus cards the
> lspci entry will suffice. There may be an open dr

I'm not really sure what you are asking here. The card in question is a
Linksys Wireless-G PCI card model number wmp54g.  I purchased this,
apparently Linux unfriendly, card because it was it was easy to get at
Walmart, before I started working with Debian. Won't do it again! :-)

> Two: Is there ANY reason at all you're using the proprietary payware
> DriverLoader instead of the less-evil ndiswrapper[0]?
>
> [0] http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/

The ONLY reason is because that was one of the solutions that I came across
first. After I press the the send button for this message I will go to the
link you provided and go from there.