Re: console too long after stopping x

Tyler Smith wrote:
On 2007-06-05, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
Hi,

I'm using fluxbox without a dm. When I exit from fluxbox and return to
the console, the text scrolls off the bottom of the screen so that the
active prompt is not visible.

The only things that are now changed from
default are a call to consolechars in .bash_profile:

consolechars -f Uni3-Terminus14

As a follow-up, I determined that the problem can be fixed by
re-running the consolechars command after I quit x. This happens every
time I login, so that's why logging out and in fixes things. I know
how to automatically run a command when I login. How do I
automatically run a command when I stop X? Alternatively, is there
something else I can do with my config files to fix this?

Thanks,

Tyler

I can't answer the question regarding base causes, but to get a program to run after you quit X, add the command to the end of your .xinitrc file in your home directory.

--
Bob McGowan