Re: console too long after stopping x

On 2007-06-05, Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using fluxbox without a dm. When I exit from fluxbox and return to
> the console, the text scrolls off the bottom of the screen so that the
> active prompt is not visible.

> The only things that are now changed from
> default are a call to consolechars in .bash_profile:
>
> consolechars -f Uni3-Terminus14

As a follow-up, I determined that the problem can be fixed by
re-running the consolechars command after I quit x. This happens every
time I login, so that's why logging out and in fixes things. I know
how to automatically run a command when I login. How do I
automatically run a command when I stop X? Alternatively, is there
something else I can do with my config files to fix this?

Thanks,

Tyler