gnome terminal stays in foreground

Hello,

I have a site launcher that I made with Python that I can use to start
the default browser with a specific url. Kind of like a commandline
version of bookmarks.

When I run the script from gnome terminal, the browser launches and
the site comes up, but it's in the background UNDER the gnome terminal
window.

I'm on fluxbox, but I think the same thing happens on the gnome
desktop.

Is this a Python, Debian Etch, or Gnome Terminal thing? If I launch
firefox from the command line. The browser comes to the foreground as
it should.  So I'm thinking Python. Any ideas.

Thanks,

Rick