Re: Linksys wireless nic

"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> writes:

> I have a Linksys WMP54G working in a dektop running Debian Etch. lspci
> shows this:
> ~$ lspci | grep -i network
> 01:01.0 Network controller: RaLink RT2500 802.11g Cardbus/mini-PCI (rev 01)
>
> and given this chipset on the wireless card, I make it work using the
> rt2500pci module (by installing rt2x00-source package and using
> module-assistant to install the module).

I got a different wireless controller going in the same way. So let
me reinforce this.

Using module-assistant was *much* easier for me than a full kernel
recompile would have been.

module-assistant is a debian package. Once installed, its executables
take care of the grunt work of compiling the module and making it
properly usable by the kernel.

I had no idea this could be this easy.

--
Hugh Lawson