Re: Strange behavior of network <SOLVED>

Am Wed, 30 May 2007 10:29:42 +0200
schrieb Andreas Theofilu <andreas@theossoft.net>:

> The machine works fine, except network programs using UDP protocol.
> Currently the machine is in an intranet. If I start "portmap", it
> takes a long time and the following errors were found
> in /var/log/messages:
[...]

Normally I don't answer to myself, but this time it may help others.

I forgot to write, that I installed Debian Etch x86_64. However. The
problem was, that the local network "lo" was down. After an "ifconfig
lo up" everything was fine.

Sometimes the simplest errors seems to be unsolvably :-]

--
Andreas Theofilu
http://www.TheosSoft.net/

                     --==| Enjoy the science of Linux! |==--