Lean lenny on USB stick

Hi,

I trying to install lenny on a 1GB USB stick and after a couple of tries
I got a base install finished and everything is working fine. The next
thing was to have X running and along with a desktop environment. I
installed XFCE4 on it and now I have about 150MB free space left. I
wanted to install a www-browser. Epiphany-browser and galeon need other
things from gnome and hence are not an option (with only 150MB
remaining). There is iceweasel that would use only about 30MB. Are there
other options for a basic graphical browser which will not use too much
space and has less number of dependencies?

Also, which packages can I safely purge from the base-install to regain
 some disk space?

Thanks,
/KS