Re: z25_persistent-net.rules

somethin2cool@yahoo.com:

> My network card isn't listed,

Where do you look for it? How?

> concerning the files:
> /etc/udev/rules.d/z25_persistent-net.rules
> /etc/network/interfaces

> There is no reference to Realtek, who make my card at all. I have been
> told that there should be.

Not literally. /etc/network/interfaces contains references to your
network hardware, but it doesn't care about hardware details. It just
deals with device names like 'eth0'.

Your udev rules file contains only references to network cards by usage
of their MAC address (should be printed physically somewhere on the
device).

To get an overview of all network devices currently knows about, run
'ifconfig -a'.

> At start up, there is a message:
> "try dmesg | tail
> FAILED"
>
> which I seems to be asociated.

And what does this command do when you run it?

J.
--
I am worried that my dreams pale in comparison beside TV docu-soaps.
[Agree]   [Disagree]