Re: dvd problem

On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:45:14PM +0100, Neil Sumner wrote:
> I cant boot your dvd's the installation gets to mounting the dvd and
> fails
>
> it says there is no module for the dvd and suggests that it must be an
> old
> dvd drive
>
> it isnt it is new, it is a SONY DVD RW AW G170A
>
> All *nix do this with my system which is an intel dp965lt motherboard and
> E6600 core 2 duo

others have addressed the mobo issue and your tone, so I"ll point you
directly to a solution for installing debian:

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apds03.html.en

this details how to use debootstrap to install from a running linux
system. Boot your ubuntu disk and use it to install debian over the
net. you'll have to move up to lenny to get support for that mobo
probably. note that ubuntu probably has debootstrap already available,
so all you'd have to do is configure and run it.

good luck