Re: migrate / to new partition; wants to use old mount points

Ric Otte <ric <at> otte.ucsc.edu> writes:

> Is there any place besides /etc/fstab that indicates what partitions to
> mount?  I changed /etc/mtab, but that didn't help, and can't find any other
> places that might be diverting the boot process to the old drive.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks.
> Ric

Could be that it's nothing to do with mount points - if the boot process is "7-
8 screens in" as you say it's probably processing the scripts in /etc/init.d.
I would try greping in there for 'sda10' to see if anything is directly trying
to access the old device node directly.

Cheers,  Dave.