Re: Help compiling source package (autoconf) - AM_SANITY_CHECK not found

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 18:14 +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 08:51:45 -0400
> Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 15:44 +0300, Micha Feigin wrote:
> > > I am trying to compile ImageMagick from source (trying to cross compile it
> > > actually with mingw, but I have the same problem with native compilation).
> > > Configure runs file, but that when I try to do make I get the error:
> > >
> > > configuring ImageMagick 6.3.3
> > > checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > > checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > > checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> > > ./configure: line 2120: AM_SANITY_CHECK: command not found
> > > ./configure: line 2122: syntax error near unexpected token
> > > `$PACKAGE_NAME,${PACKAGE_VERSION}${PACKAGE_VERSION_ADDENDUM},http://www.imagemagick.org' ./configure:
> > > line 2122:
> > > `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE($PACKAGE_NAME,${PACKAGE_VERSION}${PACKAGE_VERSION_ADDENDUM},http://www.imagemagick.org)'
> > >
> > > I found some reference to m4_pattern_allow but nothing on how to use it and
> > > couldn't find anything about this on google.
> > >
> > > Any ideas on what I'm missing (tried to look at the aptitude package list
> > > but nothing seemed relevant).
> >
> > You might want to check for a different version of autoconf, automake
> > etc...
> >
> > You might not have automake installed or maybe one that doesn't have:
> >         usr/share/aclocal-1.10/sanity.m4
>
> I checked, I have both usr/share/aclocal-1.10/sanity.m4 and
> usr/share/aclocal-1.9/sanity.m4
>
> I looked in the config file and nothing seems to call that or autoconfig
> directly
>

> > in it.

Which version are you actually using 1.09 or 1.10?

I went through the last two years of lists on imagemagick.org, nuffink.

I am stumped. Maybe too NEW of autoconf or automake? Maybe to old of
versions?

Now, I just D/Ld 6.3.3 and extracted... but I also did:

        apt-get build-dep imagemagick

Which of course look at the 6.2.4 version, but needless, it installed
(some already were) as the build-deps:

        libjpeg62-dev
        libbz2-dev
        libtiff4-dev
        libwmf-dev
        libz-dev
        libpng12-dev
        libx11-dev
        libxt-dev
        libxext-dev
        debhelper
        libxml2-dev
        libfreetype6-dev
        liblcms1-dev
        libexif-dev
        perl
        libjasper-1.701-dev
        libltdl3-dev
        graphviz
        gs-gpl
        pkg-config

Which pulled in other dev packages as well.

Also installed:

        apt-get install build-essentials

I did a proper "./configure --enable-static"

I also build as a regular user and so far, it only has complained about
some libraries being moved... but that is ok.

did a "make" and a "make check"

The check passed all configured and compiled options, failed the ones
that didn't get made due to "dfsg" issues.

        All 696 tests behaved as expected (22 expected failures)

So, I dunno.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup