Re: MySQL touble going from sarge -> etch

Le Monday 09 April 2007, barry(barry <bazza@bazza.com>) a écrit:

Hello,

> so my
> old users aren't working, and I can't get at any of my data, all
> the files are still there in /var/lib/mysql, but just not being
> accessible, anyone got any hints?

 The authentification scheme(password encrypting) has changed between
4 and 5 so the mysql client 4 can't login into Mysql 5 server unless
you add 'old_passwords = true' into /etc/mysql/my.cnf (under
[mysqld] section; normally, debconf does this unless you've answered
quickly) or convert all users to the new scheme.
 Check if is this the issue and restart the server. And, some of the
system tables need updates. This can be done
with /usr/bin/mysql_upgrade.

Hope this helps!
--
Glennie Vignarajah