Re: script command operation question

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 06:19:40PM -0400, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> When script is run to catch what other commands output and what input
> they're given, does script delay writing any of typescript until a user
> exits from the script command?  An accessibility situation over on
> gnome-accessibility-list needs some output so we can get a screen reader
> debugged.  A livecd is in use and I'm figuring if a floppy or zip disk can
> be mounted before script is run and the typescript file can be saved to
> floppy or zip disk maybe ubiquity when run under orca with ubuntu can get
> debugged a bit quicker.

I don't know, but I suspect it depends on the stty settings for
the terminal it's running on.  I'm sure it does not buffer and
only write at the end, but probably by default only flushes the
buffer when it reaches some limit.  On a test, I see this sort
of behavior, and only see the very end of the script after terminating
the script session.

Ken

--
Ken Irving