Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/WebART/470-750056?OpenDocument

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/COM/470-750056?OpenDocument

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/WebART/470-750057?OpenDocument

http://www.icrc.org/ihl.nsf/COM/470-750057?OpenDocument

http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/html/ihl-article-300906?

http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/htmlall/section_ihl_in_brief?
> OpenDocument
>
> --
> ..med vennlig hilsen = with Kind Regards from
> Arnt... ;o)
> ...with a number of polar bear hunters in his
> ancestry...
>   Scenarios always come in sets of three:
>   best case, worst case, and just in case.

Its too bad that you never read the documents you
site.  Look at the document on treatment of prisoners
of war.  The terrorists you seem in sympathy with (see
the first line you wrote in the previous response)
make not atempt to qualify under aritcle 4.  Under the
terms of the convention it doesn't apply to them.  In
the present circumstances, the US is being extremely
civil with the terrorist, better treatment than
americans and British get around the world even though
our armed forces do quaify under article 4 and our
civilians are clearly civilians.  Where do kidnapings,
hostage taking, and beheading figure into the
conventions?  International terrorism is not solvable
in the short term, but granting legal protections to
to terrorist that under existing teaty don't deserve
them is the worst possible strategy.