Re: Desktop user: Etch or the next testing?

On 04/02/2007 04:50 PM, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 00:45 +0200, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
>> There have been a lot of talk and suggestions, for example,
>> Joey Hess described Constantly Usable Testing, it sounds a
>> bit like your suggestion.
>> http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/debian/cut.html
>
> CUT was exactly what testing was supposed to be, in the
> beginning. Period. It hasn't become that. It has gotten to the
> point that sometimes testing is borkdened for long periods of
> time... in small areas mind you, but still broken.

CUT seems like it would be pretty much the same as I was thinking.

> I think it would be good to have the Sidux group latch onto
> this. They could really improve the whole process. It would
> make Testing usable at any one moment.

That sounds interesting. Sidux is currently tracking SID; are you
proposing that Sidux track Testing instead? Or are you proposing
that they could turn Sidux into a more stable version of SID? Can
you use Debian repositories? Debian's repositories are one of the
top selling points for me.

--
Glen