Re: Get Dell D810 to See Intel Pro Wireless 2200BG -- Etch

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 15:35 -0400, Andrew Barr wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 14:02 -0500, Bruffey, Mark wrote:
> > --Repost due to user error in first post--sorry all.--
> >
> > I need instructions to get an Intel Pro Wireless set up in Etch on a
> >
> > Dell D810. System sees wired ethernet connection just fine. I have
> >
> > located and tried to follow a couple of installation routines for the
> >
> > wireless without success. Is it possible to point me to a
> > step-by-step,
> >
> > comprehensive, command line only, instruction for getting this card up
> >
> > and working?
>
> Paste the output of the following commands into your reply:
>
> $ lspci
> $ ifconfig -a
> $ iwconfig
> $ lsmod | grep ipw
>
> If 'iwconfig' returns 'command not found', you need to install the
> wireless-tools package.
>
> Also, the details of the wireless network you are trying to connect
> to--specifically what kind of security parameters it has, would help us
> help you.

A shot in the dark: have you downloaded the firmware for this card and
installed it in the proper place? $10 says that's your issue.

> > I'm not running any X interfaces.
>
> May I ask why?
>
> > Thanks much, Mark
>

> > L. Mark Bruffey
> > Director Library Services
> > Central Baptist Theological Seminary
> > 900 Forestview Lane N
> > Plymouth  MN  55441
> > 763 417 8264 (Tel)
> > 763 417 8258 (Fax)
> >
> > mbruffey@centralseminary.edu
> >
> > Central Seminary www.centralseminary.edu
> > Fourth Baptist Church www.fourthbaptist.org
> > WCTS Radio AM 1030 Online www.centralseminary.edu/wcts

> > Have you experienced the good news?
> > "Every one who calls on the name of
> > the Lord will be saved!" [Romans 10:13]

Andrew Barr | http://www.pridelands.dyndns.org/
panthera leo anthro

"My life is an open book, but I'm not going to read it to you."
        -- David Hyde Pierce