Re: Debian User List

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 15:04 -0400, Andrew Malcolmson wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 09:09:01AM -0400, Celejar wrote:
> > Why not use Gmail (or something similar) for ML traffic? Free (as in
> > beer), close to 3 GB of storage, free POP access.
> >

> The real question is why Debian doesn't run a modern, user-friendly,
> mailing list manager like Mailman, as does the entire rest of the open
> source community.  The user shouldn't be forced into kludgy solutions
> because Debian alone continues to use a manager from ancient days.

Okay, why are you still using a 100 year old device for traveling around
town or the country-side? Or if you a bi-cycling, a nearly 200 year old
device?

Just because other are doing it, doesn't mean it's better. Or are you
going to jump off that bridge today? Or do those "designer drugs"?

> If I have to use webmail for mailing list traffic, I loose the power and
> convience of reading all my mail on my IMAP server in mutt.

I use an IMAP server both locally and from my colo'd server, I could
only use my local one after popping it all local from my colo'd machine.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup