Re: Mach64 - Etch - Xorg & DRI

On Sun, 2007-04-01 at 13:01 -0400, cga2000 wrote:
> Has anybody gotten direct rendering to work with the legacy mach64
> Rage Pro Mobility card .. with the etch version of Xorg?
>
> The ATI web site does not provide drivers for this antique so I'll
> have to use the one that's provided with Xorg.
>
> $ lspci
>
> [..]  ATI Technologies Inc Rage Mobility P/M AGP 2x (rev 64)

I did manage to get this working with a former linux kernel image of
Etch, but I've had no luck with the more recent kernel image of Etch.
Anyway, how I did get it working was by installing a driver from
http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/

Specifically, I installed this:

http://dri.freedesktop.org/snapshots/mach64-20060403-linux.i386.tar.bz2

It has an easy to use install script.