Re: [ML ISSUE] reply-to field ?

2007/4/1, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net>:

In the case of needing access from multiple systems, you should use
the usenet gateway and a newsreader.
nntp://linux.debian.user
 or
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user
nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user

I must admit that your solution is right. I suggested another way to
do that, just by feeding the reply-to field to provide to the most the
opportunity to handle the ML with a maximum of usability -simply by
fixing the wrong reply addressee-  and allowing the users to
sort/filter/search/browse this huge amount of information with the
tool they used to. But you -not you in particular, maybe you too, but
folks that answered me previously- don't like that solution. I don't
know why and I tried to discuss about it before but since there was no
debate, I can just imagine that there are good reasons. The best
solution still consists in using gmail and modifying manually the
receiver due to the automated sort and search ability. Normally a
unique webmail account should be very convenient to read/write e-mails
from different computers that have web connection.

Gal'