Re: Is it possible to get the database of packages.debian.org?

>In other words, please tell us what information you are really wanting
>out of your search and what the results might look like.

What I like in this search feature is the possibility
to get all informations immediately on one page,
without having to vary commandline options:

exact name, short and long description,
other packages related on it, Package Contents, maintainer

the package dpkg-www   http://packages.debian.org/stable/doc/dpkg-www
is quite similar, but it doesn't allow to search for packages,
which were never installed on a system or which aren't yet in sources.list.

to write the following in the config-file didn't help:
DEBIAN_CONTENTS="/local-directory/Contents-i386.gz"
LIST_UNAVAILABLE=1

jfr