Re: GPG and Signing

Jim Hyslop wrote:

Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
Michael Pobega escribió:
[...]
What are the advantages to having it?
You can be sure that the person is who says it is.

Wellll.... that's a pretty big simplification. It is possible to do
that, but you must understand how the system works first. I realize it's
impractical to go into details in this list, but I just wanted to make
sure Michael was aware there's a *LOT* behind that statement.

Michael, Wikipedia has a reasonably concise overview:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy

I was wondering about that too. Went to local book store and found a good book on both PGP and GPG:

http://www.amazon.com/PGP-GPG-Email-Practical-Paranoid/dp/1593270712/ref=sr_1_1/104-6276993-4918331?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175414807&sr=8-1

It's a quick and interesting read after which you will have a good understanding of framework and mechanisms of both the tools and the theory behind it.

HTH.

Maxcole is an Equal Opportunity Employer